Teaching FellowApplications are reviewed on a rolling basis
As a leader in the African tech entrepreneurship ecosystem, MEST seeks out the best and brightest global talent with a passion for teaching and a strong background in business, technology, communication and/or entrepreneurship for a one-year assignment teaching and mentoring talented African entrepreneurs.
The end goal is that these students then begin to build a scalable technology company at the end of the program.
As a Teaching Fellow, you will work in a dynamic team with other fellows from around the world, all led by Faculty which have significant software and business experience.
- - To design, develop and execute lesson plans for a specific subject area.
- - To mentor individuals and project teams.
- - To lead projects within the MEST curriculum.
- - Contributing to a creating a culture of excellence in a supportive environment that furthers the success of the entrepreneurs and drives the reputation of MEST as a world-class entrepreneurship training program.
- - Demonstrated expert knowledge and professional experience in an area of specialization (e.g Business, Tech, Communication etc.)
- - Significant experience in entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship, public speaking, teaching, and mentorship.
- - Experience working in multi-cultural and geographically diverse teams and familiarity with the challenges/opportunities in African countries.
- - Plus: Entrepreneurship experience in Africa or emerging markets.
- - Passion for excellence, creativity, innovation, teaching and learning
- - Excellent facilitator and speaker
- - Team player, effective in a Collaborative Work Environment
- - Monthly stipend
- - Travel, Housing, Meals and Emergency Health Insurance provided by MEST
- - Teaching experience; international work experience
- - A chance to make a significant impact- transfer knowledge and skills
- - Skills development outside of typical day-to-day roles
- - Exposure to some of the world's most successful entrepreneurs and investors through guest lectures.
- - On-the-ground operational experience in high-growth markets.
- - Broadened perspective through exposure to out-of-industry problems, players, and technologies.
- - Invaluable international work & life experience in an entrepreneurial organization supporting talented African tech entrepreneurs.
Please confirm all details are correct and upload a CV before continuing
Case Study: custom accelerator program for African fintech startups
In September 2018, MEST partnered with French multinational bank Société Générale (SocGen) and SystemicLogic to launch a month-long accelerator program designed to take promising startups in the informal sector to the next level and offer potential partnerships with the bank.
meQasa dominates online real estate marketplace in Ghana
After raising a Series A round, meQasa went on to become the largest online real estate marketplace in Ghana and acquired their largest competitor, Jumia House.
Custom accelerator program for African fintech startups
In September 2018, French multinational bank Société Générale (SocGen) partnered with South African consulting firm SystemicLogic Group to launch a month-long accelerator program designed to prepare promising startups in...