Training Program FellowNo current openings
As a leader in the African tech entrepreneurship ecosystem, MEST seeks out the best and brightest global talent with a passion for teaching and a strong background in business, technology, communication and/or entrepreneurship for a one-year assignment teaching and mentoring talented African entrepreneurs.
The end goal is that these entrepreneurs are able to build a scalable technology company once they leave the program.
As a Training Program Fellow, you will work in a dynamic team with other fellows from around the world, all led by Faculty which have significant software and business experience.
- To design, develop and execute lesson plans for a specific subject area.
- To mentor individuals and project teams.
- To lead projects within the MEST curriculum.
- To contribute to creating a culture of excellence in a supportive environment that furthers the success of the entrepreneurs and drives the reputation of MEST as a world-class entrepreneurship training program.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and professional experience in an area of specialization (e.g Business, Tech, Communication etc.)
- Significant experience in entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship, public speaking, teaching, and mentorship.
- Experience working in multi-cultural and geographically diverse teams and familiarity with the challenges/opportunities in African countries.
- Plus: Entrepreneurship experience in Africa or emerging markets.
- Passion for excellence, creativity, innovation, teaching and learning
- Excellent facilitator and speaker
- Team player, effective in a Collaborative Work Environment
- Monthly stipend
- Travel, Housing, Meals and Emergency Health Insurance provided by MEST
- Training experience; international work experience
- A chance to make a significant impact- transfer knowledge and skills
- Skills development outside of typical day-to-day roles
- Exposure to some of the world's most successful entrepreneurs and investors through guest lectures.
- On-the-ground operational experience in high-growth markets.
- Broadened perspective through exposure to out-of-industry problems, players, and technologies.
- Invaluable international work & life experience in an entrepreneurial organization supporting talented African tech entrepreneurs.